Thursday, February 18, 2010

Four Leaf Clover

Remember in this post when I said that I had a project using the glass that was taken out of the frame? Well, here it is!
I love how it turned out! I just took my glass and Mod Podged a piece of paper to the back (make sure you clean your glass first). You have to work fast on this so that the Mod Podge doesn't dry up on you. Once that was good and dry I just hot glued gem stones (like you can find at the dollar store for vase filler) into the shape of a clover and then one in each corner. I did cheat on this a little by printing out a clover image and placing it under my glass as a guide. I also hot glued ribbon to the back to hang it from.

Think of all the possibilities! You could do just about any shape for any holiday. I'll definitely be making more of these in the future!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful way to use the unused glass. I get unused glass sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks very easy, I like the way you paired it with the white dotted paper for your background. I'm going to try that with a poem I love and decoupage with some pretty paper as my background. Thanks so much for this new idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley,
    that turned out so cute! thanks for joining the party! don't forget to link back :)
    happy crafting,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I still have a BUNCH of glass since The frames for the wall calendar came with glass... I will have to try it out and post on Lemon Crafts.

    ReplyDelete