Monday, February 22, 2010

Another T-shirt Refashion

I actually used two shirts of mine for this one. I followed the same basic instructions that I used for this skirt, just using more layers! I super love the buttons...I wish I had had more!
The tutorial says to sew the ruffles onto the lining while it is still a flat rectangle, but I didn't really like the way the seams of the ruffles looked on the gray skirt so for this one I tried something different. I stitched the lining together to form a tube and did the same with the ruffles before sewing them to the lining. It was a little more difficult to attach the ruffles (just making sure I didn't accidentally sew over a ruffle that was already attached) but not too hard and I am much more pleased with the results.
I hope that made sense...clearly you can see that I'm so up to date with my sewing terminology *not*!

Let me tell you now that there will be plenty more t-shirts turned ruffle skirts in the future! Especially with Spring drawing near.

Photobucket

Keeping It Simple

3 comments:

  1. Oh, what a darling little skirt!

    Thank you so much for linking up with the Talented Tuesday link party at My Frugal Family, which is hosted every Tuesday. Please feel free to stop back in every week and post your newest projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! My little girl would love one of these!!

    Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete