Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ruffled Bed Skirt

Yep, this is the one that I lost part of my finger over.
As I said before I saw a tutorial for this that I super liked. I found it on Burlap + Blue. She calls it the $4, 45 minute bed skirt. Well mine was neither $4 nor 45 minutes. But she used the cheapest fabric she could find and only covered part of her bed (which must be a smaller size than mine because she had 75 inches to cover and I had 220!).
I used a sheet that I cut into strips to make mine. I got the sheet set in June right after we moved (at Ross for $25) and used the flat sheet to make curtains. I had always intended on using the rest of it to make a bed skirt, since we got bed risers which made our old bed skirt 6 inches too short. I am really pleased with how it turned out. And I super love that when I walk into my room I don't see a preview of the piles of stuff that reside under my bed!


Do you like my matching curtains? :)
*please excuse the mess that is my crafting area*

After I finished it and we got the mattress back on the box spring and made up all pretty, Zach looked at me and asked "So was it worth losing part of your finger for?"

And this was too cute not to post...while I was pinning the fabric to the "base" of the bed skirt, the mattress was leaned up against one of the walls in the hall. It became quite the fun zone. :)



*If you want pictures of my finger you can click here*

4 comments:

  1. The skirt looks wonderful BUT I was hoping for a picture of the finger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous!!! Thanks for linking back to me...I hestitated saying the "$4, 45 minute" part...b/c I know that a lot of people will have bigger beds (mine was a double) and use nicer fabric, but I'm glad it worked out for you and that you are happy with the final product...that is all that matters!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about your finger :/ what a great idea. i'm bookmarking this for when i finally get around to redoing our master bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never thought of making my own bed skirt! Great idea....and I hope your finger is better (ouch!).

    Thanks for linking up @Creative Itch!!

    ReplyDelete