Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Coconut Pecan Chicken

Here is what you need:
-3 chicken breasts
-1/2 C Flour (roughly...I don't usually measure this kind of stuff)
-salt
-pepper
-2 eggs
-1/2 C bread crumbs (next time, I think I'll use Panko)
-1 1/2 C coconut flakes, sweetened
-1 1/2 C pecans

I cut up the chicken breast into strips (cheaper than buying tenders), mixed some salt & pepper into the flour, beat the eggs slightly, gave the coconut a rough chop and put the pecans through a nut grinder. I mixed the coconut, bread crumbs and pecans together. First stop, flour mixture. Second stop, eggs. Third stop, coconut, crumb, pecan mixture (I used my fingers to press this into the chicken so that it stuck good). Then onto a foil lined baking sheet and into the preheated 450 degree oven. I let them hang out in there for about 20 minutes. I would recommend flipping them half-way through cooking. I didn't do this and there was a little bit of a soggy spot on the bottoms (so I tossed them under the broiler for a few minutes and that helped a little).

The yellow goop next to my chicken? A pineapple sauce that I am still working on perfecting.

My only complaint?

There weren't any leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment