Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Personalized Wall Hanging - Tutorial

I've been wanting to put my daughter's name up on one of the walls in her room. My only problem was that I didn't want to have to buy anything to do so (I know, I'm cheap). Here is my solution:


For this project I used:
14 pieces of 6" x 6" paper
7 pieces of ribbon (I think mine were around 14" long)
Printer
Razor blade/Xacto knife

First, I printed out the letters for her name onto paper (I adjusted the paper settings in Word to 6" square pages and then made the font as big as would fit).

Then I cut out the letters with a good ol' fashioned razor blade. At times like this I wonder if I'm the only person who doesn't own a Cricut!

Here is what mine looked like:

Then I lined up the pages with cut out letters on top of coordinating pages.

I liked that the two sheets were a little offset. Then I punched holes in the top corners and put ribbon through them.

I used thumb tacks to hang them to her wall. I think I might glue little bows onto the tacks to cover them up.

Here is the view from her door.





Grand total: FREE
Can't beat that! :)

1 comment: