Monday, December 14, 2009

Paper Beads

I saw this idea on a blog (which I didn't bookmark at the time and now I have no clue which one it came from). I used these instructions from Family Fun. It was pretty simple, except I made my paper triangles longer and skinner than listed. I also just used regular old scrapbook paper that I coated in Mod Podge (before cutting the triangles...trust me on this one!) since I have a ton of it and used the Mod Podge to glue it because I couldn't find my glue stick. It was messy and time consuming but it turned out super cute. I made a bracelet and matching necklace as a gift for someone who shall remain nameless and of course forgot to take a picture before wrapping it up. But the beads look somewhat like this (and I'll get a pic after Christmas)
Handmade Ugandan Paper Beads
Thanks Thrifty Fun for the photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment