Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Crafts

Here are the crafts that I made as gifts for people this year. To start us off is this framed wreath I made for my sister. I was inspired by this idea from The Happy Homebody. I was originally planning on making a wreath from terra cotta pots and using the little styrofoam apples as accents but the more I worked on it the less I liked it and then I came up with this idea. It matches the decor of her kitchen (red & apples). I loved it and so did she!

Then, for my in-laws I decorated these flameless candles. She loves candles and he blows them out so I thought this would be a good compromise. The images are threaded onto the ribbon so they can slide off the candles if they want to leave them up throughout the year. The nice thing about this idea? It's the gift that I can keep on giving! What am I talking about? I happened to write down the size of the candles so I can make more sleeves for them for other holidays to give as gifts.

Next up...Jewelry! I made three bracelet/necklace sets this year to give to my husband's sisters. I didn't get a picture of the one I made for the littlest sister but it is made of pink paper beads. I'll try to get a pic later. For the other sisters I made these.


I also decorated a journal for one of my brothers-in-law. He is preparing to go on a mission so this is what I came up with. Yep, it is a suit coat, except it had two buttons when I was all finished. My sis-in-law helped me with it. She gathered scriptures and quotes about missionary work and we lined the inside and back covers with them.

And for the last of my siblings-in-law...a goodie package. Pictures of that in a different post.

No comments:

Post a Comment