Monday, December 14, 2009

The Bane that was Pumpkin Muffins

I don't know what I was thinking. I wanted to make pumpkin muffins. I found a recipe and thought it sounded easy enough. It would have been...
pumpkin muffins

...except I decided to let my one year old help. She loves to help me cook and bake. She does a great job stirring...and sampling! So I started putting ingredients into a bowl and put the eggs into the pyrex so that she could pour them in. Well she was a little over zealous and spilled one of the eggs onto the counter. Instead of going with my gut and scooping the egg into the bowl I decided to clean it up and grab a new one out of the fridge. This is where disaster number two comes in. Turns out the back of the fridge was a little too cold for my little eggs and when I cracked it (straight into the bowl, of course, instead of into the pyrex) it was a little egg slushy! Yep my egg was partly frozen. Crap! So dump out what's in the bowl and start from the beginning...except the rest of my eggs are in the same state as the aforementioned one. My husband, the wonderful man that he is, decided that it was too early to call one of our neighbors to see if we could borrow two eggs (7:40 isn't that early is it? Especially if you have kids). He offered to go to the store but I had already given up on them at that point. A few days later I decided to give it another try. Things went smoothly and I even added some chocolate chips to sweeten the deal. The looked beautiful...and I wish I could say they tasted as good as they looked. My husband loved them and the little one loved them but something about them just didn't sit right in my mouth. So the search continues for a delicious pumpkin muffin recipe. Go figure I didn't like them after all the trouble I went through!

Thanks Smitten Kitchen for the pic! Yours look delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment