Friday, April 16, 2010

Birthday Ideas

My little girl is turning two in May. I have no idea what to do for her birthday party. Last year was Elmo themed. Here are the cake & cupcakes I made.



These ones looked better when I first made them. The frosting got too soft and so the eyes started to move around. At least now I know to keep things like this in the fridge!

My problem is that she isn't in to any one thing/character for more than a couple of weeks at a time. Right now she is on a Lion King kick, but that will probably be over before May gets here. She does like the Disney princesses, Ariel in particular, but she also likes Curious George. And she is really into colors right now. She loves to point out the colors she sees!

So basically I'm lacking direction and would love some input on where you all think I should go with this. Thanks!

Oh, and to get the fur look on the cupcakes I used what is called a "grass tip" and I think it is Wilton number 233. Super time consuming but way cool looking!

4 comments:

  1. Check out this link for a fun 'Rainbow Polka Dot" party idea! http://www.howdoesshe.com/kids-theme-parties-2/comment-page-1#comment-9261

    Your cake and cupcakes turned out adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with the previous post
    do something color-themed, floral, polka-dot, etc.
    maybe make some of the decorations re-usable in her room...
    aprons, banners, tissue paper flowers, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! Those Elmo cupcakes are adorable!!
    ~Joy~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! What a spectacular treat for young kids!
    Terri
    http://tsue-thatswhatshesaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete