Madie wanted to be Princess Aurora this year for Halloween. So we went to Joann and got some pink sparkly satin for her dress. I was inspired by this post at Crafterhours. Madie then decided that she needed a Prince Phillip to go with her costume so daddy got the part. Once that was decided, Zach kept asking me what I was going to be and we settled on Maleficent (since there was a witch costume in my mom's closet already).
this template for the Maleficent headpiece. I cut four pieces out of black knit, sewed two together and stuffed each with batting then glued them to a headband. The staff is a piece of pvc pipe wrapped in black electrical tape. The ball is a plastic ornament that I coated the inside with green food coloring mixed with some Mod Podge. Right before our party last night I broke a glow stick, cut it open and poured it into the ornament. I covered the opening with a little piece of plastic wrap secured with a pony holder and then wrapped the electrical tape around it to attach it to the pvc pipe. I also added a crow from the dollar store to the top of the ornament using E6000 glue. I am so pleased with how it turned out. It looked awesome when it was glowing and since the ornament is just tapped to the pipe I can take it off and add a new glow stick for tomorrow night.
Tutorial: Floral embroidered shirt collar
1 hour ago