Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tasty Tuesdays - Caramel Brownies

I have a goal to post more often on this blog, since I feel that I've neglected it a bit over the summer. A new recurring post I plan to have is "Tasty Tuesdays" & "Tasty Thursdays - Your Recipes". On Tuesdays I will post a recipe I tried recently (or the link to where you can find it) and my honest thoughts. Thursdays will be linky parties where you can upload your recipes. I would like to have Tuesday's recipes be one of the Thursday links, so start digging through your recipe boxes for things you would like to share with us!

Caramel Brownies 
*Warning: a spoon may be required*
 
The recipe and photo are courtsey of Kristan from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. This is one of my new favorite food blogs. I've tried several of her recipes and LOVED them all and her posts are hilarious!
I didn't make the brownies from scratch like in the recipe...I just used a boxed brownie mix and they turned out great. They were a little goopy though, so instead of pretty squares like Kristan had I got a big ol' mess (hence the warning at the top). These were a huge hit at family dinner on Sunday and I'll definitely be making them again!

3 comments:

  1. i love reading Kristan's blog too! Those brownies...oh yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so going to be making these- thanks for sharing. I love looking at your blog and getting ideas to try. I am going to be making some of those dish towels for an upcoming wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you enjoyed the brownies and even gladder (is that a word?) that you enjoy my blog!!
    Don't blame you for using a mix. I will probably do that the next time I make them.
    Have a super fabulous day, chickie!! :)

    ReplyDelete