Here is one of my favorites. I adapted this from a Betty Crocker cookbook that I got for my wedding. In the cookbook it is called something along the lines of "Rustic Vegetable Baguette" but in my house we call them "avocado subs".
The picture isn't the greatest...it's from a few years ago before I really started blogging.
Sub rolls - one for each person you intend to feed
Italian dressing - approximately 1 tablespoon per sub roll, enough to cover one side of the bread
Cheese - we like colby-jack, cheddar, or Mexican blend
Roma Tomatoes - 3 or 4 slices per sub
Avocados - I like a lot of avocado, so we use one medium avocado for every 2 subs, but you could use less
1. Slice tomatoes
2. Smash avocado...in the food processor works great, or you can just scoop the flesh out into a sandwich bag and smash it in your hands...it's super fast and easy cleanup!
3. Slice sub rolls lengthwise
4. Spread Italian dressing on one side of each roll
5. Sprinkle cheese on the other side of each roll, just enough to cover the bread
6. Broil until the cheese is melty and bubbly
7. Lay tomatoes on one side of subs and spread the avocado on the other. I find it works best to put the tomatoes on top of the cheese and spread the avocado onto the dressing side.
8. Eat and enjoy!!!
Let's see some more of your recipes!!!
Tutorial: Easy fabric tulips
3 hours ago