Monday, July 12, 2010

Super Delicious Chocolate Cake

Today is my older sister's birthday (happy birthday, Kristi) and when I asked her on Saturday what kind of cake/treat she wanted at her celebration yesterday she told me to surprise her. I immediately thought of two recipes and after further review of the ingredients I decided that this one sounded more like her. It's called Praline Turtle Cake from Ur Baking Me Crazy! I would post a picture of the one I made, except I just ate the last piece...yum! So here is a picture of Hannie's cake. She left out the pecans but I HIGHLY recommend you put them in.

I didn't exactly follow the recipe...I used a boxed cake mix with a cup of sour cream for added moistness instead of baking the cake from scratch. It was so good and I'm totally bummed that it's all gone now. However, I've been inspired by this recipe and if what I have in mind tastes as good and I think it's going to, I'll post the recipe and pics in the next few days. And even if my experiment doesn't work out, I'll definitely be making this cake again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment