Monday, February 28, 2011

Sweater turned cardigan

Back in November & December Kathleen from Grosgrain did a whole bunch of sweater refashions. A couple included taking sweaters and making them into cardigans. I loved the idea and knew that that was something I could do. So I waited for sweaters to go on sale at Target and scored a couple at $5 a piece. They were both just plain pull over sweaters, very much like this one.

photo source
Just like Kathleen did, I cut right up the front of each sweater and covered the edges with ribbon (because I didn't feel like making bias tape). On this green one I added a tie to the middle and some bows with button centers.
I love the bows!
On this blue one I pleated ribbon and sewed it right along both sides of the front.
I have yet to wear the blue one out, but I get compliments on the green one every time I wear it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is too cute! I LOVE IT!! I saw your entry on Crap I've Made's blog for the creative estates conference! I TOO live here. I live in Deer Valley but I'm from Texas and DON'T KNOW ANYONE out here!!! Would LOVE to make a new friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOO CUTE!!! I love, love, love the green one! Once again you have proved your amazingness my wonderful Ashley friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS is seriously cute!! I love the way it came out! I am visiting from Someday Crafts and I am a new follower!
    Have a great day!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete